.

Friday, July 26, 2019

The Stages of Dissertation Writing Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 2250 words

The Stages of Dissertation Writing - Assignment Example This week, for example, I took another look at my problem statement. In my opinion, this is one of the most critical sections of chapter one, so I do want to work hard that my writing is succinct, clearly worded, and directs the overall research project in the direction that I intended was I first set out on this endeavor. As I have done this, I have found that by rewording a few sentences in that section has clarity of purpose and a stronger vision to the overall project that I feel will enable me to continue the revision process in coming weeks. I am using this course to work hard on Chapters 1-3, hoping to make a timely submission to the IRB. This week I spent some time going through Chapter two once again. While I have a good number of sources in that chapter already, I wanted to make sure that each cited source directly related back to the topic of the study. In particular, I looked back at my research questions to ensure that my literature review contained a focused and directed effort at answering each of my three stated questions and that all sources were properly cited. In doing this, I was also looking at my APA structure. It seems that I should be going back to each section as I write it to make sure my formatting is correct. I have noticed that the more involved, and longer, that paper gets, the more important this task is. If I wait until the paper is finished in nine months time to correct formatting issues, I might find that the task becomes overwhelming. While it might seem a bit early to conduct this ‘formatting review’, I actually think it is going to save myself a lot of time and effort in the end. In addition, this week I combed through our readings to refresh myself of some of the finer mechanics of conducting a qualitative study. As I prepare to submit my IRB application here shortly, I want to make sure that I have covered all of my bases.  

No comments:

Post a Comment